until next time, hair

September 18, 2014

When I was a sophomore in high school, I cut my hair up to my shoulders, and I pretty much regretted it.  I told myself I would never have short hair again because of that haircut.  It took me years to get my hair at this length, with a few haircuts to cut off the dead ends.  I had this 'ombre' look for the past year but it was more of a natural 'ombre.'  I didn't purposely dye my hair like that, it was my previous hair dye that grew out into an ombre-like effect.  People always comment about my ombre hair and I just always thought that was funny.  Well anyway, recently my friends found a groupon deal at a salon called Asanda Aveda Spa Lounge for a shampoo + haircut + hair treatment for $49, and we all decided to buy it.  We typically go to asian places, but we wanted to feel the luxurious feeling of being pampered like in the city salons.

This is the after picture of my new hair.  When I first got it cut I was glad it wasn't TOO short, but now that I've had it for a week, I kinda want to get it cut maybe two inches shorter.  I am a little asian girl with that natural baby face, but with my short hair I look at least 18 now (I'm 20 btw.)  To talk about my experience at Asanda Aveda, I had a 4:00 appointment with Kaprisha.  My mom and I got there early, around 3:20, and when we went upstairs there were several people waiting already.  Once you check-in with the front desk they offer you complimentary water or tea.  There weren't many places to sit in the front of the salon but I overheard that there were more seating areas in the back of the salon.  Kaprisha was ready for me at around 4:05, I was a little nervous because I had class at 7 back in Queens.  Kaprisha was sassy.  I love sassy.  Her assistant was Fei (not sure about that spelling) but she was sweet, she washed my hair, and did the botanical treatment for me.  I thought the botanical treatment would take longer but it only took 5 minutes.  My treatment was for damaged hair since my hair was so damaged and dry from previous perms and dyes (it doesn't look dry in the picture but in person it was.)  I told Kaprisha what length I wanted and that I wanted long layers.  Overall, I really liked the haircut, but she layered it more than I would have liked.  Including tip and everything, this haircut came out to $80.  In my opinion, it was not worth it, it was a great experience to go to a 'fancier' salon, but I think I'm going to stick to my $30 Chinatown haircuts.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© kay-ng. Design by Fearne.