beauty | e.l.f mini haul

December 12, 2014


I recently picked up a few things from e.l.f, and I love e.l.f products because of the price.  Everything is so inexpensive and affordable, ranging from $1-$5.  Being almost completely clueless about make-up, I don't want to spend crazy amounts of money on make-up cause chances are I'll end up doing a horrible job and never using the product again.  I've tried putting on eyeshadow several times, watched loads of eyeshadow tutorials but I could never get it right.  Then one of my friends (hi heejae) told me about eyeshadow sticks and how they're easy to apply and to blend so I thought I would try it out.  Let me tell you.. it IS easy.  After playing around for a bit, I came up with a look that surprisingly looked pretty good, I was actually super proud of myself and didn't wanna remove my make-up.  I wanted to be able to put eyeshadow on since new year's is coming and I think I've got my routine!  I'll definitely need some more practice, but I'm so glad I got these eyeshadow sticks.  It's pretty much just coloring on your eyelid and using your finger (well I used a smudge brush) to blend it in.  I highly recommend the eyeshadow stick if you're a beginner and want to learn how to apply eyeshadow.  But seriously.. props to you girls who put on a full face of make-up every single day.

Eyeshadow sticks:
1. Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick [in Turkish Coffee]: I used this as the "smokey" part of my look (lol I don't even know how to properly say any of this).  It glides on super easily, and blends well.
2. Waterproof Shadow Liner [in Blush]: used this as the base..? it's a pretty color! 
Both sticks are glittery and your eye will definitely be shimmery.

I got the 11 brushes for $3 because of some promotion, but unfortunately it's not going on anymore! I tried using the brushes for the smudge pots but uhh that didn't go too well..
I haven't tried any of the other products yet, but I'll list what else I got
Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star
Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude
Smudge Pot in Back to Basics
Smudge Pot in Ain't That Sweet
Eyebrow Kit in Medium (what I always use to line my brows)
Eye Primer & Liner Sealer
Lip Exfoliator

I miss Evelyn
(hi Eve)

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© kay-ng. Design by Fearne.