grid monster

September 17, 2015

Photos by Evelyn Ng
This a little teaser of my upcoming Style Guru Style article on CollegeFashionista that should be live some time soon. I'll keep it short and simple here since I did write a more detailed post on cfashionista. Grid print is definitely one of my favorite prints and I love how modern yet retro it can appear. I think my dress itself looks like it belongs in the 60s, but since we are in the 21st century I twisted it to create a more modern look. 
Since NYFW is actually still going on, I would like to bring up that this outfit definitely reminds me of DKNY's collection (which I personally loved.) Dao-Yi and Maxwell killed their first collection at DKNY and I think they will do big things as the new creative directors. I loved the modern vibes and how it was a collection where femininity meets menswear, where flowy pieces meet structured pieces. There were no crazy patterns or even colors but the collection as a whole was so powerful and inspiring. 
I can't believe it's fall in less than a week and it's still hot as tamales here in NYC. Looking forward to the cooler days and cozier outfits but not too excited for winter.

Blazer: H&M | Dress: Urban Outfitters | Shoes: Forever 21 | Hat/Shades: Soho | Bag: Prada

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© kay-ng. Design by Fearne.