bring on the blanket scarves

November 30, 2015


I was lucky enough to be chosen to take part in the College Fashionista x Aerie collab where I was gifted a blanket scarf and plaid shirt to style! I love love love blanket scarves for the winter so I was ecstatic when I saw this as one of my items. I also loved the color palette of the scarf.
I'm super happy with how these photos came out (thanks babe and skittz.) The top 3 photos were taken at Storm King where my previous blog post was taken. It's such a great spot to take photos and if it weren't so far I would definitely go there more often for shoots. Nature is the best backdrop.
My outfit in these photos are definitely better for warmer places or if you're just relaxing at home. I think it's the perfect holiday outfit, snuggling next to the fireplace with a warm cup of hot chocolate watching Christmas movies in your living room full of Christmas decorations. For colder places, like here in NYC, I would either throw on a pair of leggings with fleece lining (YES THOSE ARE A THING!) or a pair of jeans. Personally I would wear leggings only because they're 100x more comfortable. To finish it off I would put on a long wool-blend coat, some touch screen gloves and call it a day. A very comfy but winter-inspired outfit.
I love how cozy blanket scarves are since it gets pretty cold here in NYC and I get cold super easily. I just ordered another chunky scarf from Zara (thank you black friday deals) and you bet I'm already searching for more. Happy Cyber Monday shopping!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© kay-ng. Design by Fearne.