travels | pennsylvania

February 16, 2015

Last week, February 7th, Kyle, Willie, and I headed to Pennsylvania to spend time with Bianca to celebrate her birthday.  She wanted to go to a shooting range, and that has been on my bucket list for a while! I was actually really scared and nervous since it was my first time, but it was actually really fun.  It was super loud even with the ear protectors on.  There were people in the same area as us shooting with a huge rifle looking gun and the noise was extremely loud, and left a nasty after-smell.  We were split into 3 pairs and we had 100 bullets per pair so I got to shoot 50.  It was pretty relaxing. I would definitely go again.
We had reservations at La Calaca Feliz, a Mexican restaurant in Philly, which is 40 minutes away from Bianca's apartment. First we ordered appetizers to share: traditional guac, crab guac, ceviche, and nachos with brisket. I am a bit allergic to avocado so guac makes my throat itchy but I looove crab so I had to give the crab guac a try.  It was SO good and I don't even like guac, but I could only eat so much because my throat started to get itchy. The ceviche was pretty good as well; the other times I've eaten ceviche it was in a bowl and eaten with a spoon, but here it was topped on a chip and was more of a finger-food. We ordered the nachos with brisket as an add-on, and it was okay.  For my entree I got baja fish tacos because I love fish tacos.  But.. I've definitely had better and these were just alright.  I would prefer Grey Dog's fish tacos over these any day! I also tried white sangria for the first time and it was actually pretty good, I tried red sangria multiple times and I've never liked it. 
I love going to different cities to eat and explore! Can't wait for more travel adventures :)

Shooting Range: Targetmaster  Restaurant: La Calaca Feliz

1 comment

  1. food looks delicious! would love to see more travel post :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© kay-ng. Design by Fearne.